Monday, January 11, 2010

Let's keep that wind chill above zero, okay?

Another post. Another week of training for my Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge, and a very good one on both the running and the fundraising fronts. As the countdown to the 2010 Boston Marathon continues, here's this week's worth of thoughts and training updates.
  • 14 miles in 15 degree weather on Sunday. Luckily, no serious wind. to speak of. The first 5 or so were at about 8:35-8:40 but slowed down for the last couple and ended at a respectable 2:02 which is about an 8:46 pace. Even if I ran the last 12 at 9 minutes, I'd still be under 4 hours. Next week will be a big test to see if I can hold the pace for 16 miles!
     
  • Have to admit my most used iPhone app is The Weather Channel app. One click and I know what to wear on my morning run. If you know of any other good running-based apps, let me know.
  • Speaking of which, 22 degrees is the forecast for tomorrow am and I'm thinking, "Good. It'll be warm." So, tell me, when did 22 degrees become warm??
  • It's addictive, this running thing. Sunday night I was thinking, "ugh, do I have to run again on Tuesday?" By lunch time on Monday, I'm thinking: "Can't wait to my run tomorrow morning." By dinner time, I'm thinking about doing a tempo run.
     
  • Thanks to all my donors for a fantastic week for fundraising. You've gotten me real close to the $4k mark!  Almost half way to my goal of raising $10k.  My fundraising page is here.
     
  • Found out I'll have good company on race day. Valerie Bertinelli's running for Dana-Farber, too. No word on what her projected time is but I hope she's planning on running my pace. It'll be entertaining to be running along side her. Then again, I'm two years younger than her, so I'm hope I'm running faster than she is.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment