Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Full Moons and Frozen Puddles

One of the fringe benefits of running for Dana-Farber is the training. Seriously. At least that's how I feel this morning on my first run after a relatively restful week.

It was cold this morning, which seemed right for the first day of December -- cold enough that I finally caved and put on the long pants, hat and gloves for the first time all season. It was dark, too, at 6:30 this morning, with the full moon still hanging on in the sky, and a thin sheet of ice on puddles left over from Monday's rain.

But the cold and dark didn't bother me. About a mile or two into the run, the sun came up and took a little of the chill off what turned out to be a beautiful, brisk day for a run along the Charles, and through the Common and the Public Garden. And about that time, I couldn't help but think how lucky I was to be able to be doing this -- the run this morning, to be training for the marathon in general, and to be raising money for a cause as great as Dana-Farber.

Can't wait to get back out there tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment